Dua Fragrances: Vetivero
Vetivero is a fragrance inspired by Roja Parfums Vetiver Extrait.  It is also a chypre.  Anyone who knows me or has read my fragrance reviews knows I am not generally a chypre fan.  And, while it may not be popular to say in the fragrance community, I am also not a huge Roja fan (personally liking roughly 50% of his fragrances, although respecting the artistry in all). 
Vetivero opens with a gorgeous bergamot-lemon.  I’ve hyphenated here as the notes are equally and beautifully balanced.  This is not that icky citrus vibe you get from some other juices – you know, the ones that smell like Lemon Pledge!  No this is a gorgeous, effervescent, fresh note.   I get a light and subtle jasmine.  The rose is subtle as well.  These notes rest ever so delicately on a beautiful base of vetiver and wood.  The spices in this round the base but it’s really the vetiver and woods that sing. 
Vetiver Exrait is one Roja that I have not had the opportunity to test.  That said, I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed in Vetivero.  On its own, Vetivero is a beautiful, wearable vetiver and woods fragrance.  Vetivero wears a good 10 hours on me and has a moderate projection. 
I’d like to personally thank Mahsam Raza for sending me this fragrance.  I have been truly touched by his kindness and friendship.  Vetivero is the perfect representation of his kind gesture – the notes are filled with the same  joy and beauty. 
TOP NOTES: Sicilian Bergamot and Amalfi Lemon.
MID NOTES: Egyptian Jasmine and Tunisian Rose.

BASE NOTE: Caraway, Cedar, Celery, Galbanum, Guaiac Wood, Litsea Cubeba, Nutmeg, Oakmoss, Pepper, Haitian Vetiver, and Labdanum.


Comments