Marlou - L'animal sauvage

Based on the description, I have to admit, I was just a little bit terrified of this one. Still, curiosity being what it is, I also felt compelled to order it.

On me, L'animal sauvage does open with a floral note. But this is a floral that is warm, soft, and inviting. I don't know about "deep, civety funk" but I do get a musky fur scent that reminds me of the smell of a ferret - I would not describe it as a "funk" in any way which to me connotes something dirty (and I don't sense this as dirty). The musk is sweetened by a subtle violet note and picks up the creaminess of the sandalwood. The patchouli is present but mostly as a base binding the notes together.

So, is L'animal a "naughty little kitty"? I suppose that's for each of us to decide. One thing is for certain, this one does purr.


Notes: Orange blossom, violet, sandalwood, patchouli, civet, musk


Comments