Memo Paris - Luxor Oud

Ah, what can I say about the very first oud that stole my heart?  Luxor Oud is considered an oriental but, as I’m not one for industry labels, I consider it a fruity floral oud. 

Luxor Oud is supposed to take the wearer on a journey to Luxor and for me it does just that.  Of course, sadly not having been to Luxor yet, I can only imagine in my mind’s eye what it must be like.  The opening of this fragrance, with its bright mandarin and subtle berry gives me the feeling of the warmth of the desert sun.  There is a reverence to this fragrance carried by a delicately sweetened rose; like temple flowers.  There is a royalty to the fragrance brought to us through notes of patchouli and oud.  The marriage of rose and oud is as old as the ancient civilization it honors.  The often harshness of oud has been tempered with tonka bean.  A slight resinous ambery spice wafts through the base courtesy of the styrax.

Luxor Oud has a moderate to heavy projection and a longevity of roughly 10+ hours on me.  It is an opulent and regal scent that does justice to the city it honors.


Top notes: Mandarin, Red berries
Heart notes: Rose, Cypriol, Rockrose absolute
Base notes: Patchouli, Styrax, Tonka bean, Oud


Comments