Juliette Has A Gun - Anyway EDP

I often research fragrances on both the House website and on Fragrantica before writing a review.  Like with reading any review, doing so gives me a chance to consider what the brand may be trying to accomplish with the fragrance and also to which category Fragrantica classifies it.  I then compare any brand stated purpose of a fragrance with whether or not I feel the fragrance achieves the goal.  I also consider whether or not I feel a fragrance wears on me as the type of fragrance Fragrantica has it classified as.

In investigating Anyway, Fragrantica has the fragrance classified as a floral woody musk.  The brand, however, has designated Anyway as a floral citrus.  So, and spoilers here, I am inclined to agree with the brand classification based on the overall wear of Anyway on my skin.  I would note here that both the brand site and Fragrantica state that 15 notes comprise this fragrance; neither list all 15.  I’ll return to the note composition later in my review.

Anyway opens with a bright, tarte, juicy lime squeezed over a light and fresh neroli.  Both notes are clear and crisp.  The floral fruity blend is punctuated by a semi-sweetness.  As the fragrance continues to wear the use of the synthetic, Hedione, begins to amplify the floral in the fragrance along with the addition of jasmine.  The Hedione, rounds the jasmine with touches of tropical citrus fruit.  I get a very mild magnolia which serves to build a floral bouquet.  There is a white musk that compliments the fruity floral and adds warmth and depth. 

Going back briefly to the composition notes, both the brand and Fragrantica list wood notes as being present.  At no time during wear do I get any sense of wood notes being present and I am not anosmic to my knowledge.  Perhaps my experience is due to skin chemistry.

As Anyway begins its drydown, the ambroxan creates a soft, powdery veil that slips softly against the other notes.  The balance between the fruity floral and the musky ambroxan create a duality in the scent where both male and female seem present.

Anyway wear on me for 5 – 6 hours with soft projection.


Notes: lime, neroli, Hedione, absolu jasmine, ambroxan, wood notes


Comments