Kiss My Sass - Sucre Noir

For my blog, I like to test and review fragrances from every place in the fragrance world: Mainstream, Indie, Niche, High End/Luxury – there are a number of descriptives and many fragrances cross between categories.  Recently there’s been some discussion in the fragcomm about what each group of fragrance is defined as.  For me, while there is some relevance as to where a particular fragrance may fit, at the end of the day my personal feeling is that fragrance is for everyone.  There is a price point and a creative philosophy behind fragrances that everyone can find their own happy place with. 

Sucre Noir is an offering from an Indie brand, Kiss My Sass, out of Pennsylvania.  I purchased this fragrance, along with a cosmetic order, because I was curious as to how the brand approached scent.  Often, Indie brands offer unique variations of fragrance that you simply do not see replicated in the Mainstream.

Sucre Noir wears on me as an oriental vanilla.  It opens with a gourmand-like sweetness of vanilla.  Present also, are soft fruity floral notes.  It brings back some memories for me of Pink Sugar only without becoming cloying.  As Sucre Noior develops, I begin to get fresh florals.  The notes of lily, orange flower, and freesia blend into a gorgeous bouquet.  There is an underlying note of fresh earth – this has that smell of clean dirt just after a Spring rain. 

As I get to the third hour of wear, the vanilla fruity floral has softened.  The sweetness remains but is more subtle.  There is a creaminess of sandalwood and a decadent, cozy warmth from a rich dark chocolate and clean patchouli.  The natural connection to the earth continues through the drydown with a slightly balsamic and earthy vetiver. 

Sucre Noir wears on me with moderate moving to light projection for roughly 8 – 9 hours.

Notes: bergamot, mandarin, violet leaves, juniper berry, freesia, lily of the valley, orange flowers, muguet, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, dark chocolate, dirt

Perfumer: Elizabeth Aldinger

CRUELTY FREE
VEGAN

DYE FREE


Comments