Mugler - Alien EDP

Coming a lucky 13 years after the release of Angel, Thierry Mugler released the oriental woody, Alien (2005).  Alien for me is one of those fragrances I thought I had tried but never did.  So, being the fraghead that I am (also not sure I really like that term), I decided to rectify my omission.

Alien is a fairly linear fragrance on me but in no way does that diminish its beauty.  It’s simplistic composition of jasmine, woody notes, and white amber belies the complexity of its wear.  The notes, each handled with skillful artistry, seem to swirl and dance with each other creating a spellbinding scent.  The jasmine is a gorgeous, bright, fresh, blooming floral which has enough restraint that it never becomes overpowering.  There is a soft sweetness to the floral without becoming cloying.  Woody notes blend seamlessly with the warmth of white amber creating both a heart and base that embraces and enraptures.

Alien is not a shy fragrance.  It wear on me with heavy then moving to moderate projection for roughly 10 – 11 hours.

Notes: Sambac jasmine, Cashmeran wood, amber gris


Perfumers:  Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere



CRUELTY FREE

Are your products tested on animals? 
Our laboratories conduct no tests on animals. Our products
 are tested, under dermatological supervision, only on human volunteers.

Comments