Solstice Scents - Cocoa Absolute

Mea culpa.  I’ve had my sample of this fragrance for some time but have just gotten around to test it.  Sadly, I think it’s no longer available from the brand.  I considered not doing a review but decided to do a quick one in case the brand brings it back (and I hope they will).

This is a fairly easy fragrance to do a quick take on as it is a singular note scent.  In many cases, brands will introduce a fragrance which they will call “chocolate” or “cocoa” and somehow it seems to go wrong; often that chocolate note can read as plastic-like on the skin.  This is not the case with Cocoa Absolute.  It is pure unadulterated goodness. 

On initial sniff, I get a cocoa powder layered hot chocolate.  It is the divine scent of a lovely hot chocolate warming the soul on a cold Winter’s day.  The powdery cocoa seems to fade and the scent becomes and wears as a delicious rich, chocolate.  There is a gentle, warm, comforting nature to this scent.  I’m not a big fragrance laying person but this would also be quite lovely layered with a multitude of other fragrances to add a luscious chocolate twist.

The wear on Cocoa Absolute is a soft projection and it lasts on me for roughly 6-7 hours.

Notes: natural cocoa absolute in organic sugar cane sugar alcohol

Perfumer: Angela St. John

CRUELTY FREE
VEGAN


UPDATE: The perfumer has advised this scent is going to be restocked.





Comments