Ellis Brooklyn - Myth EDP

I received a sample of Myth with a cosmetics order.  Late last year, I had the opportunity to sample another Ellis Brooklyn fragrance, Sci Fi (you can read my review on this blog), so Myth makes my second Ellis Brooklyn testing.  Unlike Sci Fi, Myth is a floral woody musk.  Released in 2016, Myth is a creation that finds a way to elevate the more traditional fragrance genre.

In the opening, I get a light an airy bergamot and a slightly sweet cassis.  There is a sunny and bright feel that is amplified by a beautiful orchid and jasmine.  Jasmine can go wrong in a fragrance if it is overdone.  Here, both the orchid and jasmine are handled with a delicate touch.  There is a lightness to the floral accord. 

Roughly three hours into wear, I get a light white musk and very soft cedar.  If they can be described as such, I’d describe the musk and cedar as having the feel of cashmere; there is a soft warmth about them that feels comforting.  The scent is inviting and intimate.  In the drydown, I get very little, if any, patchouli.  Through to the end of wear, Myth finishes by moving ever so softer until it becomes a skin scent.

Myth wears on me for roughly 6 – 7 hours with soft to skin scent projection.

Notes: bergamot, ambrette seeds, cassis, tiger orchid, pink lotus, jasmine petals, patchouli, liquid musks, white cedarwood

Perfumer: Jerome Epinette

INGREDIENTS: SD Alcohol 40B (alcohol denat.), parfum (fragrance), aqua (water), butylphenyl methylpropional, hydroxycitronellal, benzyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, cinnamyl alcohol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citral, isoeugenol, geraniol, limonene, benzyl benzoate, linalool, benzyl salicylate, farnesol

Paraben-free, phthalates-free, cruelty-free and vegan




Comments