KKW Fragrance - KKW Body

I’ve never really thought of myself as a rebel.  Sure, I’m a think-outside-the-box kind of girl but a rebel?  Not so much.  Still, I found myself feeling quite the rebel when I decided to purchase KKW Body (“KKW”).  Oh the bottle (cast as a miniature of Kim Kardashian West’s naked torso) created quite the stir in Fragcomm.  There were comparisons to the iconic Gaultier bottles although the KKW version is far more detailed.  And of course there were the expected comments about the Kardashians in general.  Sigh.  I don’t take well to bias, name calling, and other sorts of snobbery.  It was then I knew that the fragrance NEEDED a fair review in Fragcomm.

So what about the fragrance?  It is not a beachy, tropical scent like many releases are this time of year.  Instead, on me, I find it to be a fruity floral musk. 

KKW opens with a burst of bright, juicy, fresh picked fruits.  I get a lush, dripping peach accompanied by a delicate bergamot.  There is a Spring-like orchard feel to the opening.  As KKW wears, the notes are joined by a soft rose and jasmine.  Neither the rose nor the jasmine enter in screechy abundance. Instead the notes are tempered and lay softly against the opening accord.  The fruity floral is further mellowed with a hay-like vetiver.  It is here, at roughly the three hour wear mark, that the fragrance begins its journey from the public domain of scent into more of a skin scent.
It is only after another hour or so of wear that KKW truly moves into the skin scent realm. 

Somewhere at around the four or five hour mark, KKW begins her dry down.  A light, slightly resinous amber and white musk add a gentle coziness to the fragrance.  There is a warm intimacy to the scent laying closer to the skin. 

So in the end, my honest conclusion is that KKW is a lovely fragrance.  Is it Indie or niche?  No.  Is it high end?  No.  But this mainstream fragrance is lovely, enjoyable to wear, and should easily have mass appeal.  Oh, and as for that controversial bottle?  How different really is it from Torso of a Young Woman With an Arched Back?   In life, we often see only what we wish to see.

KKW Body wears on me for roughly 8 hours with moderate moving to soft moving to skin scent projection.

Notes: Vert de Bergamot, Vert de Mandarin, Baies Rose Orpur, Peach Nectar, Ylang Ylang Moheli Orpur, Rose Turkey Absolute, Jasmine Sambac Absolute Vetiver Haiti Orpur, Sandalwood Australia Orpur, Golden Amber, Musk



Auguste Rodin (1840 -1917): Torso of a Young Woman With An Arched Back






Comments