Olibere Parfums - L`Etoile Noire

Launched in 2016, L’Etoile Noire (“Noire”) is a study of light and dark; the opposites that we each carry with us.  The notes classify this as an oriental fragrance, however, in my opinion, it is also very much a woody one.

Noire opens on me with a contrast.  On the one hand I get an intense bergamot and sharp lemon and on the other I get an achingly intense peppery spice.  There is a heavy smokiness from the gaiac.  As Noire continues to wear I get more and more tones of wood.  I do not identify the wood as specifically being oud, as iterated in the Notes of this fragrance, but rather a general deep, dark woody accord. 

At roughly 3 – 4 hours into wear, Noire takes on a powdery aspect.  There is still an echo of citrus, moderate spice, woods, and smoke but in comes a softened rose and what seems like patchouli.  There is a dried tobacco leaf as well as a very soft dried rose petal.

In the drydown, Noire softens, the spice cools, and over the woods a creamy pure unsweetened vanilla musk drapes.  A passing violet breeze entertains the final moments of wear.

Noire wears on me for roughly 9 hours with moderate projection.

Notes:  Italian bergamot, lemon, carnal and spicy floral notes, blue ginger, elemi resin, rose, petigrain, oud, gaiac, tobacco, sandalwood, vanilla, violet, white musk

Perfumer:  Amelie Bourgeois



Comments

Post a Comment