Twisted Wonderland Perfumery - What’s In The Hookah

I enjoy supporting Indie and Niche brands of fragrance.  When I first heard about Twisted Wonderland Perfumery I felt an immediate connection to the brand name.  For me, and many others, fragrance is a means of expression.  It’s a way to express a moment, a mood, a personality.  It’s a way to transport yourself to a different place and time.  The brand name alone speaks to the child in us – full of excitement and wonder.  I took the advantage of placing an order for several samples.  What’s In The Hookah (“Hookah”) is the first I’ll be reviewing.

Tobacco is a favorite note of mine and Hookah is all about the tobacco.  The fragrance opens with a glorious woody pipe tobacco.  It is so deep and full of life you can almost feel it swirling around you.  If you love the smell of pipe tobacco, this is one you will want to keep inhaling…slowly and deliberately.  As Hookah wears, I get a juicy, semi-sweet raspberry plump on the vine.  The raspberry drips into the pipe tobacco adding complexity to the woodiness.  Roughly two hours into wear, notes of caramel and a boozy vanilla join the fragrance.  The raspberry has moved into the background now and it is a decadent, cozy, comforting drape of lush, woody tobacco tinged with sweetened, burnt caramel boozy vanilla that melts around you.

What’s In the Hookah wears on me for roughly 9 hours with light projection.

Notes:  All the tobacco! Notes of cherrywood and raspberry combined with caramel pipe tobacco and vanilla bourbon.

Perfumer:  Rae Ganter

CRUELTY FREE
VEGAN




Comments