Pinrose – Secret Genius

Secret Genius (“Genius”) was released in 2015 and is the first fragrance I’ve tested from Pinrose.  Genius is an oriental vanilla.

If you look below the main review, you’ll see I’ve kept the brand’s Notes as published instead of converting it to the “standard” fragrance terms for the note construction.  The way the brand describes Notes and, moreover, the way they describe the basic “vibe” of their fragrances speaks to who their target audience is.  In the case of Genius, the fragrance is described as:
VIBE  Trustworthy • Comforting • Sexy
PERFECT FOR Hatching plans and sneaking kisses
SIPS LIKE  White Russian

Genius isn’t a fragrance that has much by way of development with the exception of the initial note I get in the very opening.  Basically, it’s a “what you smell is what you get”.  And that’s not necessarily a bad thing.  What was less than spectacular was the very first opening note that I eluded to.  On me, for some reason, the initial spray of Genius smells like kerosene.  I briefly considered washing it off.

But then, about 15 minutes in, that off fuel-like note dissipated and I got a very pretty, soft oriental vanilla with creamy, sweet, caramel overtones.  There is a slight powdery quality to the notes.  

Genius does have a coziness to it.  It wears like a warm, fuzzy sweater in the Winter.  At the end of the drydown, I get a light cedar which seems to offer itself as the final warm touch.

Secret Genius wears on me with light projection for roughly 5 – 6 hours.

SCENT NOTES
S M I L E   Caramel
H E A R T   White Chocolate
S O U L   Madagascan Vanilla, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Perfumer: Harry Fremont

CRUELTY FREE
PARABEN FREE
GLUTEN FREE

Photo Credit: Pinrose

Comments