4160 Tuesdays - Silk, Lace & Chocolate

Fragrantica describes this juice as an oriental and maybe it is.  I feel that all formal categories aside, this is best described simply as a gourmand.  I’ve had an opportunity to see other reviews of this fragrance and am reminded as to how fragrance is often a very personal and unique journey – one nose is not always the same as another.

For me, Silk, Lace & Chocolate opens with an effervescent, almost carbonated but in a good way, note of light strawberry and chocolate.  The chocolate is not a candy bar chocolate to me but rather one like an old fashioned chocolate soda (more cocoa) with a lightly boozy edge.  At first I was baffled as to why some reviewers stated they felt this was a woodsy scent.  This scent does not wear like a woody scent at all on me.  I feel that what some may be smelling is the way the bergamot note blends in.  While bergamot is often used for its fruity sweet component, it also has a spicy edge.   I get a tiny touch of bergamot which I feel blends smoothly with the cocoa and strawberry to prevent the notes from becoming cloying.  So while I can’t (nor do I want to) get inside someone else’s nose, I feel that it is perhaps the effect of the bergamot that some are experiencing as a woody note.  Silk, Lace & Chocolate is an enjoyable and playful fragrance for me.  It has a moderate projection and respectable wear time (roughly 5-6 hours for me).  I think it can be easily worn in any situation.

Notes: Cocoa absolute, strawberry, bergamot




Comments