Atelier Cologne - Café Tuberosa Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume

I was anxious to try this newest release from Atelier Cologne.  I’d like to thank Evan Simpkins from the Atelier Boutique in Brooklyn, NY for providing me with a sample to enjoy.

Café Tuberosa opens on me with a strong chocolate-tinged coffee and a light tuberose.  It’s heady and lovely at the same time.  The intensity of the coffee begins to fade 20 minutes into wear; although remains present.  There is an echo of a gently spiced floral that begins to emerge.  At this point, I get the feeling of sitting outside at a lovely café on a Spring day, sipping a latte, indulging in a chocolate croissant, while the breeze carries the aromas of my delectable treats and the flowers around me.  As this juice begins its drydown, I get the slight sweetness of the vanilla and the warmth of the musks.  The light cocoa, floral, and slight spiciness remain throughout my wear.

Café Tuberosa follows the story of the brand's prior launch, Vanille Insensée (Avant Garde Collection), with its gourmand vibe although without the woodiness.  Café Tuberosa is quite beautiful and has a light projection on me and a wear time of roughly 5 hours. 

Top notes: Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian mandarin, Guatemalan cardamom
Middle notes:  Rose oil, Indian tuberose, cocao absolue

Base notes: Madagascar vanilla, white musks


Comments