Gallagher Fragrances - Evergreen Dream EDP

Today I am testing the newest release from Gallagher Fragrances – Evergreen Dream.  This juice is a fougere and does follow the more traditional formulation model of the fragrance category but finishes quite differently.

This fragrance opens with a slightly bitter yet fresh, green aromatic.  I clearly get the scent of evergreen trees.  The opening is strong and surrounds you in the wonderful aroma of being in a lush green forest.  About an hour in, the lavender appears.  Lavender is a note that I struggle with; I think it’s one of those notes that people tend to be polarized on.  The lavender in this juice is bold but it has been tempered with a rich birch tar, wood note, and pine resin.  The accompanying notes add a warmth to the lavender making it more, and in my opinion more universally wearable, than the individual note.  After roughly another hour, the base notes enter and the juice begins it’s drydown.  For me, this is where the magic happened.  Prior to the drydown, I was enjoying Evergreen Dream as a pleasant fougere but the entry of the woods, musk, moss, and clean patchouli created a scent that I wanted to continue to sniff.  The remaining wear of this juice was a beautiful slightly green, warm, intimate, lightly musky, woods.  The formulation makes this scent year round much like the green in an evergreen.

This fragrance continued to wear on me for 9 hours with a moderate projection that became more of a lighter one toward the end of the drydown.


Top Notes: Turkish Galbanum, with hints of Lime Zest & White Grapefruit
Middle Notes: Birch Tar, Cashmeran, Russian Lavender, & Pine Resin
Bottom Notes: Texas Cedarwood, Coumarin, Musk, Oakmoss, & Patchouli


Comments