Hermes - Eau d’Orange Verte

“Eau d’Orange Verte is the scent of the Little Prince in all of us.” (Jean-Claude Ellena)  I just don’t know.  I feel like the Little Prince would probably go with a different fragrance.  I’ll let you know what I think and then you can decide.

Eau d’Orange Verte opens with a beautiful, fresh, juicy orange.  The orange feels quite green on me and does not pull overly sweet.  The note is realistic; as if you are smelling an orange while standing in a grove.  Within about 45 minutes, the singular orange note has faded and in its place arrives a general citrus note.  It is quite possibly the combination of the mandarin and Amalfi lemon with the mint and cassis but frankly, none of the notes are individually identifiable on me.  As this fragrance begins to drydown, it becomes softened and a very, very clean patchouli and oakmoss are identifiable. 

Eau d’Orange is a pleasant light, fresh citrus fragrance.  It had skinscent to light projection and only lasted about an hour and a half to two hours on my skin.  So, would the Little Prince have chosen this one?


Notes:  orange, mandarin orange, Amalfi lemon, mint, cassis, oakmoss, patchouli


Comments