Jo Loves - Red Truffle 21 A Fragrance Paintbrush

Anyone who knows me personally knows one thing for certain and that is – I love amusing things.  So when Jo Malone (as Jo Loves) came out with a fragrance paintbrush, there was no doubt I HAD to try it.  The fragrance itself, Red Truffle 21, is not new; only the delivery format.

So just a quick review about Red Truffle 21 for those not familiar.  The original juice was released 2 years ago (2015) and it is categorized as an aromatic spicy.  The fragrance opens with a fairly intense green and earthy vibe.  I get a good dose of pine (as in pine needles and not the bark or sap) accompanied by the earthy tuber note.  I really took a chance on this as fig is a bit of a hit or miss note for me.  In the case of Red Truffle 21, the fig note is present but I don’t find it to be difficult.  What Jo Loves has done with the fig is used a green fig and not a fully ripe fig note.  This makes all the difference.  The green fig juxtaposes nicely over the tuber and pine.  The fig becomes slightly more intense as the fragrance develops and I begin to get some citrus notes.  There is a warm woodsy feel to this scent that really makes it a stand out for me.  I get about 5 hours of wear with this with a light to moderate projection.

Ok, so now to the new delivery system.  This fragrance comes in a clickable fragrance paintbrush.  You click the bottom of the brush component until the fragrance gel comes just onto the brush.  It took about a dozen clicks to get the initial product out.  I really liked the control I had in applying the fragrance with the brush.  It was easy to control the application: location and amount.  I have mixed feelings about how I feel about having a fragrance in a brush form.  I feel that the clickable system seals the gel in the base and is air-tight so I don’t feel the gel fragrance will spoil as quickly as some spray or dauber scents.  My concern has more to do with how hygienic the brush stays so I decided to rinse off and dry the brush after use.  I’m also not a huge rollerball fan for this reason.  Like a rollerball, the fragrance paintbrush would be very easy to travel with as there is little to no chance of spillage.  In comparison to a roller ball, I’m inclined to prefer the paintbrush as rollerballs can often be temperamental.  I would not hesitate to purchase another fragrance paintbrush.

Notes:  tuber, citruses, fig and pine   
                                                                        

“The innovative Fragrance Paintbrush™ introduces a new way of wearing fragrance. With a new gel formula which holds the fragrance and dries in seconds, it allows you to apply and top up your favourite fragrance wherever you are - whether travelling, at work or on the go.” 


Comments