L’Artisan Parfumeur - Nuit de Tubereuse

Tuberose is a favorite note of mine.  So, when I realized that somehow I hadn’t sampled L’Artisan Parfumeur’s Nuit de Tubereuse, I immediately sought to rectify it.  I realize that for many tuberose can be a challenging note.  Often tuberose ends up being a loud, screechy sort of note in a fragrance which can be off-putting.  So how did the perfumer do in this fragrance?

Well for me, Nuit de Tubereuse opens with a note of a strong, somewhat soapy (in a good way) tuberose.  The tuberose is fresh and there is a “green” quality to it as well as a slight spiciness.  At first, I cannot pick out the spices in this as individual notes but instead I sense it more as an overall warmth.  At about an hour and a half into wear, the black pepper note becomes more apparent and, while the green, soapy tuberose has not faded, I also begin to get additional floral notes and musk.  Like with the spices, I don’t detect a singular floral but rather a bouquet of white florals – fresh and bright.  At the three hour mark, the fragrance begins its drydown with the additional notes of vanilla, sandalwood, and wood.  These notes add a creamy sweetness to the florals without becoming cloying.  In the final hour of wear, Nuit de Tubereuse is a lovely, warm, white floral, subtle musk and woods fragrance.

This fragrance wears on me for roughly 5-6 hours.  The projection begins as moderate and moves slowly to a skin scent in the final hour of wear.

Notes:  cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin, styrax

Perfumer: Bertrand Duchaufour

*Thank you to Melissa (Perfumers 1870) for the sample.


Comments