Solstice Scents - Black Forest Perfume Oil

Black Forest opens as the absolutely most delectable black forest cake.  I get a rich, deep, chocolate, and luscious cherries.  The scent is so true to life I can almost taste the sticky sweetness of the cherries oozing down the side of my slice of cake.  And, just as I am about to raid the fridge looking for something I’m sure I won’t find, the fragrance begins to change.

The gourmand notes begin to fade (although never completely) and a deep woody tobacco begins to rise.  From the edges of the bakery shop I am taken to Baden-Wurttemberg and somewhere within the Black Forest.  I am high in the mountains and surrounded by a dense stand of trees and lush vegetation.  After another hour or so, the deep rich wood note begins to dry as if the seasons had begun to change.  The hay absolute coupled with the remaining tobacco afford the scent an almost Fall-like quality.  For the remaining wear, the fragrance is joined by a light puff of whipped cream which borders on a powdery marshmallow on me.  The delicate note creates the finale of a chocolate cherry pipe tobacco wood which walks the line between gourmand and wood.

Black Forest has a moderate projection and wears for 6 – 7 hours on me.


Notes:  Agarwood, Nagarmotha EO, Tobacco Absolute, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Cocoa Absolute, Maraschino Cherries, Black Cherries, Hay Absolute, Sandalwood EO, Whipped Cream & a drop of Pink Peppercorn Essential Oil. 


Comments