Vartan Perfumes - Carnelian

I have a love-hate relationship with cinnamon.  Cinnamon is one of those spices that for me can easily be overdone.  This is far from the case with Carnelian.  The scent opens with just enough spice to warm up the tobacco and vetiver.  The carnation adds a slight floral note that adds interest as the fragrance develops on the skin.  I can smell the amber and vanilla adding depth and a slightly sweet effect on my skin but again, just enough to make it interesting, warm, and enticing.  I get bits of each note over the course of wear but in general the notes seem to radiate with harmony.  Carnelian has the coziness of a warm sweater in Winter with a subtle sexiness hinting of more interesting Winter nights.  This is a lovely fragrance that seems to strike all the right notes.

I get 8 hours of wear with Carnelian with a moderate sillage.

Top notes are black pepper and cinnamon; middle notes are white tobacco, vetiver and carnation; base notes are amber, vanilla and tonka bean.


Writer’s Note:  I had won a sample of this fragrance and enjoyed it so much, I purchased my own full bottle.


Comments