Vince Camuto - Ciao

I received a sample of Ciao in the Macy’s Beauty Box that I subscribe to.  Touted as a “fruity, floral, oriental” that is supposed to be an “enchanting scent of an unforgettable woman”, I was happy to test it.

Ciao should have opened with mandarin, grapefruit, and strawberry but instead all I get is fresh, ripe, sweet strawberry.  The strawberry is lovely of course but I was disappointed to not detect any mandarin or grapefruit.  As the juice develops on my skin, I do get a hint of a bright blackberry.  The blackberry is rich and adds a little fruity complexity to the strawberry that has not faded.  I don’t get a specific floral note per se, what I do get is a blend of florals where the honeysuckle and passion flower seem to perhaps be the strongest notes.  The drydown begins fairly quickly with Ciao and the liqueur and sandalwood seem to be the notes that appear.   

Ciao is a bright and pleasant fragrance that seems to be more of a fruity floral than an oriental.  It’s easy to wear.  It wears about 3 hours on me with a light projection.  Is it the “enchanting scent of an unforgettable woman”?  Not in my opinion.  It does little to differentiate itself from others in its category already on the market. 


Notes:  Italian mandarin, pink grapefruit, wild strawberries, blackberry, rose, peony, lily of the valley, passion flower, pink jasmine, honeysuckle amber, cashmeran, amaro liqueur, sandalwood, Indonesian patchouli


Comments