Creed - White Amber (Les Royales Exclusives Collection)

One of the first pieces of “real” jewelry I owned was an amber necklace bought for me by my parents when I was a teenager.  I remember being fascinating by the stone which seemed to glow from within.  When I began actively buying fragrance, I was drawn to scents with amber in the notes.  So began what has been a lifelong love of amber.  When Creed released White Amber, I knew it was a fragrance I had to try.

With White Amber, Creed elevates amber by alternately combing the resinous note with fruits and florals.  It is interesting to note here that Creed classifies this fragrance as a fruity floral.  White Amber opens with a delicately sweetened, lightly fruited amber.  The fruit is akin to a mixed fruit salad and is not citric.  The amber is rich, warm, and somewhat woody.

As White Amber develops, light white florals punctuated by a stunning jasmine appear.  The addition of sandalwood adds a creaminess to the floral amber.  Benzoin reinforces the opening amber note and reminds the wearer that this is a perfumer’s symphony to amber.

Throughout the wear the notes of the florals and fruits rise and fall to compliment the amber which runs throughout the composition.  In the drydown, like a skillful composer, Creed revives the jasmine, florals, sandalwood, and benzoin to create another crescendo of scent.  White Amber finishes as majestically as it begins with a glorious and complex amber.

White Amber wears on me for roughly 9 – 10 hours with moderate projection.

I’d like to extend my gratitude to Jhanie from the Creed Boutique in New York for the sample.

Top note: Amber, Vanilla, Fruity accord
Middle note: Floral accord, Sandalwood, Benzoin
Base note: Floral accord, Absolute Jasmine, Sandalwood, Benzoin


Perfumer: Olivier Creed


Comments