Dua Fragrances - Taboo

Taboo is an original creation from Dua Fragrances.  It’s classified as an oriental gourmand.  Taboo was a blind buy for me.  Admittedly, I was drawn in by not only multiple fragrance notes that tend to be in my “loves” but also the awesome label design for the bottle. 

Taboo is not shy.  It opens with a gorgeous clean patchouli and moody incense tempered with a semi-sweet white chocolate.  It’s bold but not offensive.  As the fragrance develops I get a spicy soft leather sprinkled with a light cocoa.  Neither the patchouli nor the incense have disappeared and these notes, along with the suede leather, prevent the juice from becoming full on gourmand.  There’s just enough sweetness to this to give it interest without becoming cloying.  The notes are gently cradled in a creamy vanilla and amber light musk base.  The base notes give the already intriguing scent a feel of intimacy.  For me, it becomes a scent I want to continue to sniff…to get closer to.  No regrets on this blind buy!

Taboo has a stellar wear time of 12 – 13 hours on me with a moderate projection.

TOP NOTES: White Chocolate, Patchouli, and Incense.
MID NOTES: Cacao Pods, Bianca Suede Leather, Olibanum (Frankincense), and Orris.
BASE NOTES: Tahitian Vanilla Extrait, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Amber, and White Musk.


Perfumer: Mahsam Raza


Comments