Ellis Brooklyn - Sci Fi EDP

I received a sample of Sci Fi with a cosmetics order I placed.  Being a sci fi geek, I was immediately curious because of the name.  Little did I know what this fragrance had in store for me!

Sci Fi is an interesting twist on what we know as vanilla-based scents.  The fragrance begins with a clearly citrus opening filled with bergamot and bitter orange.  The citrus lays superimposed on the vanilla which I find runs through the entire wear of the juice.  About an hour into wear and just when you’re feeling like you have a citric vanilla – bam – in comes a refreshing, slightly sweet and somewhat herbal green tea and a gorgeous freesia.  The citrus moves to the back and you have a transformed scent.  A clean, somewhat green, lightly floral, lightly vanilla rises from the skin.  When Sci Fi begins the drydown cashmere woods add a warmer, deeper base.

Sci Fi feels very much like a fantasy voyage; taking the wearer through different ways of exploring how vanilla can be used in a fragrance.  It wear on me for roughly 6 hours with light projection.

Notes: bergamot, bitter orange, green tea, pink freesia, cashmere woods, vanilla beans


All Ellis Brooklyn eau de parfums are paraben-free, phthalates-free, vegan and cruelty-free.

Cruelty Free
Vegan

Comments