Juliette Has a Gun - Lady Vengeance

Everyone comes to fragrance with certain preferences.  For me, chypre florals are usually not fragrances I prefer.  I wanted to fully disclose this before I begin my review so you understand the perspective I subconsciously may have approached this juice.

Lady Vengeance was inspired by a modern version of Shakespeare – per the ads – “rock meets romance”.  It opens with a loud rose and over the top dark patchouli.  It is a very intense opening that I can see being off-putting for some.  Perhaps it’s that rock and roll vibe?

But bear with it about an hour or so and the notes really start to settle down and take shape.  A light and delicate lavender arrives (sometimes a tough note for me and the main reason chypre florals in general can be tough fragrances for me to enjoy).  The lavender is soft and quite lovely.  The rose and patchouli have also softened at this point in wear and they are also joined by a dusty vanilla scent.  In the drydown, ambroxan adds a sensual musk to the party.  Over the course of wear, Lady Vengeance becomes an extremely sexy and inviting elegant fragrance. 

Lady Vengeance has a superb wear time of roughly 10 – 11 hours on me with moderate projection.

Notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Bulgarian Rose, Patchouli, Ambroxan


Perfumer: Francis Kurkdjian


Comments