Parfums de Marly Paris - Meliora

Meliora, launched in 2013, is said to be a floral green fragrance, however on me it wears as a fresh fruity floral. 

On initial sniff, I get a lusciously juicy fruit blend.  The blend is filled with crushed red berry and black current that drips with fruity sweetness.  Just when I begin to think this fragrance will be simply a fruit-filled one, in comes a floral blend.

At that fifteen minute mark when the florals mix with the fruits, the florals lift up the fruits from being a fruity simple syrup type accord.  While I’m aware that several florals comprise the notes, I cannot readily identify one over another in Meliora.  Is this rose?  Is it lily?  I can’t really say.  It feels more like quickly sniffing a bouquet at a flower stand in the city; you know you’ve smelled flowers but the smell was not singular. 

Thirty minutes into wear the fruity floral takes on a creaminess.  As the fruits stand out more than the florals on me, the addition of the creaminess is reminiscent of a Summer bowl of fresh picked berries and cream.  There is a softness to the drydown where a vanilla and musk pair to create a final gentle smoothness.

Meliora wears on me for roughly 3 – 4 hours with soft projection.

Notes: red berries, cassis, black current, rose, lily-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang, vanilla, musk


Perfumer: Nathalie Lorson


Comments