Creed - Spring Flower

I’m heading back to 1996 for this floral fruity fragrance.  Creed’s Spring Flower is said to be a “flirtatious and feminine timeless classic”.  It is said it was designed as a signature scent for Audrey Hepburn; although I have not been able to verify this claim.

I’m a big Hepburn fan so sampling what might have been one of her signature scents was on my “to do” list.  I also enjoy a good fruity floral.  I’ve worn this fragrance for several days and I must say, that on me, the wear seems to change – sometimes I feel the fruity notes are more prominent, while other times the florals seem to take hold.

While certainly Spring Flower follows a traditional fragrance pyramid, other than in the dry down, the wear for me remains quite constant from the first spray.  I get a variety of fresh fruits mixed together in all wearings.  No single fruit stands out on its own.  It kind of becomes a blend most similar to a fruit cocktail.  The fruit accord also seems to take on a bit of a soapy/shampoo-like quality. 

The florals in Spring Flower read as a blend of white floral notes combined with a prominent, but not overbearing, jasmine.  On me, the rose is subtle at best.  The florals carry a kind of earthy quality to them on wear. 

The fruity florals carry the fragrance on me for the first 3 ½ - 4 hours.  It is roughly at this point that the initial notes soften and a warm musk comes forward.  Spring Flower finishes out her wear as a softer, more intimate, light fruity floral.

Spring Flower wears on me for roughly 6 – 7 hours with moderate moving to soft projection.

Notes:
Top note: Bergamot, apple, apricot, melon, peach
Middle note: Jasmine and Rose
Base note: Musk

Perfumer: Olivier Creed

Photo Credit: Nordstrom

Comments