Vera Wang - Vera Wang EDP

Vera Wang launched her namesake fragrance in 2002.  The fragrance is a floral and, the year after its launch, it won a FiFi award for the packaging (created in consort with Swarowski) and Nouveau Niche Fragrance Star of the Year.   I had an opportunity to try this fragrance recently as I was gifted a bottle by a good friend.

I don’t get a typical fragrance evolution on wear with this perfume.  Instead, I get a linear wear that is floral with a light musk base.  The florals wear as a white floral mixed bouquet.  Of the florals, lily reads the most prominent with gardenia a close second.  Overall, the floral is bright, green, clean, and lush.  There is a gentle playfulness to the fragrance preventing it from becoming too formal.  I don’t find Vera Wang to be particularly original or groundbreaking but it is well blended and pleasant.

Vera Wang wears on me for roughly 4-5 hours with light to skin scent projection.

Notes: Bulgarian rose, calla lily, Galium aparine, mandarin flower, gardenia, white woods, Stephanotis floribunda, musk

Perfumers: Jean-Claude Delville and Harry Fremont

Photo Credit: Kohls

Comments