Commodity – Nectar

Nectar is a release from Commodity in their White Collection.  The fragrance wears on me as a fresh fruity floral/aromatic fruity.

When I received my sample of Nectar, I wasn’t sure what to expect.  Nectar may be used to describe things in different contexts.  With Commodity’s Nectar, I find the name both describes the nectar of a juicy fruit as well as the nectar found in floral blossoms.

Nectar opens as a bright citrus with touches of neroli.  There is a sunny brightness to the opening and I find that the pomelo and tangerine are evenly balanced.  As Nectar wears, I get a bitter neroli that adds the “flavor” of what feels like a citrus rind.   There is a light honeysuckle that adds a touch of sweetness and lends itself to brighten, almost adding a sunny disposition, to the fragrance. 

At roughly 2 hours into wear, there is a background of cedarwood.  The cedar is distant and faint.  More prominent is the musk and hay-like vetiver.  The musk reads as a clean, white musk and adds a coziness to the drydown. 

Commodity wears on me for roughly 7 hours with light moving to skin scent projection.

Notes:
Top Notes: pomelo, tangerine, bergamot
Middle Notes: neroli, honeysuckle, cedarwood
Base Notes: orange blossom, musk, vetiver

Perfumer: Mathieu Nardin

CRUELTY FREE
VEGAN
PARABEN FREE

Photo Credit:  Commodity

Comments