Gallagher Fragrances – Fineapple EDP

Fineapple is a brand new release (August 2018) from Gallagher Fragrances.  As soon as it became available, I knew I wanted to order a sample.  The fruity floral notes sounded interesting to me and I wanted to see if the perfumer had come up with a fragrance that was different from “that well known one” (read Creed here).

Fineapple opens with an absolutely lush pineapple and green apple note.  The pineapple is most prominent, as expected, and it is so juicy you almost feel the cut pineapple dripping its juices!  The green apple adds just enough tartness to prevent this accord from going too sweet.  Still, for me, it is reminiscent of a Summer drink.  Just behind the pineapple and green apple, I get a lovely soft magnolia.  The image in my head is now that of laying on a beach chair somewhere tropical as the bartender, flower in her hair, brings me a drink to sip.

After about an hour and a half, some of the juiciness fades away and in comes a vibrant jasmine.  The jasmine is clear but not overpowering.  It brings a more even fruit - floral balance to the fragrance.
In the drydown, I get the dry woods and musk ambrette.  The fragrance moves to a more intimate skin scent place. 

Fineapple wears on me for roughly 8 hours with soft projection.

Notes:  Magnolia, green apple, pineapple, jasmine, dry woods, musk ambrette

Perfumer: Daniel Gallagher

(Note – I find this fragrance in no way like “that well known one”.)

Photo Credit: Gallagher Fragrances


Comments