Diptyque - Do Son EDT

Do Son is a floral fragrance released by Diptyque in 2005.  For me, this fragrance is all about the tuberose.

Do Son opens with a tempered tuberose.  Where the flower can often be loud and screechy, Do Son restrains it and it blossoms as a bright joyful slightly creamy note.  As Do Son wears, I get the addition of the other florals – most prominently rose and orange flower.  The rose and orange flower compliment the tuberose and add to its bouquet.  there is a “wetness” to the fragrance that feels almost tangible.  I also get a tiny bit of greenness and a floral echo that reads on me as a light jasmine.  Toward the very end of wear, I get hints of musk.  Combined with the florals, the musk adds more of a humid, tropical climate feel to the drydown.

Do Son wears on me with soft projection for roughly 6 hours.

Notes:
Top: Tuberose
Middle: Orange Tree Leaves, Roses, Benzoin and Iris
Base: White Musk

Perfumer: Fabrice Pellegrin

Photo Credit: Nordstrom

Comments