Karl Lagerfeld - Fleur de Mûrier EDP

Fleur de Mûrier (“Fleur”) is the newest release from Lagerfeld in the Parfums Matières Collection.  It is a floriental and its release was accompanied by a fragrance for men, Bois de Yuzu.  I note here that when I received my fragrance, it was accompanied by GWP items from the new Karl Lagerfeld x Kaia Collection (shown in the pictures below).

Fleur opens with fresh berry fruity notes.  I get both red currant and raspberry with the raspberry being slightly more prominent.  The fruit lingers for about 20 minutes with rich and delectable clarity and light sweetness before they are joined by florals.

The use of mulberry flower and violet leaves is an interesting and more modern take on the floriental in my opinion.  This is not yesterday’s fragrance.  Instead, it captures the heart of a floriental while at the same time being fresh and enticing.  There is the same kind of provocative feel that you would expect from this genre.

Only shortly after I get the addition of the floral accord, I also begin to get the sandalwood musk base.  The base adds the final sensual nature to Fleur.  It’s become warm, sexy, and slightly mysterious. 

Fleur de Mûrier wears on me for roughly 10 hours with moderate moving to soft projection.

Notes:
Top: red currant & raspberry leaves
Heart: Mulberry flower & violet leaves
Base: Sandalwood & Musk

Perfumer: Emilie Coppermann






Comments