Kilian – Boys EDP

Kilian just released their new collection My Kind of Love.  The collection consists of four fragrances.  Boys, is a spicy woody fragrance from the collection.  The collection has a slightly different audience than I feel had been the brand’s main target.  While I feel that the brand’s packaging has always been interesting and “on theme”, with My Kind of Love, the bottles and advertising feel more millennial or Gen Z to me than prior collections.

With this collection, Kilian Hennessy says, "I wanted this collection to have the multi-layered notes and accords that I’m known for, but built around a key ingredient that’s unusual, surprising, and instantly recognizable."  For Boys, the key note is cola which Kilian recreates with notes of nutmeg, cinnamon, and lime.  It is this cola note that is instantly recognizable on first spray.

While Boys opens with a fresh, sparkling cola note, that note quickly takes on a citric twist on me.  It is bold and it is fresh and effervescent.  Within an hour, the fragrance becomes spicier.  The cinnamon comes forward and the cedar becomes more prominent.  There is a leather-like quality to the notes as the fragrance wears.  As the fragrance dries down, it is the cedar and leathery notes that are most prominent with only a reminiscence of the spice that has softened.

Boys wears on me for roughly 10 – 11 hours starting with heavy projection and finishing with soft projection.

Notes: nutmeg, cinnamon, lime, cedarwood

Photo Credit: Kilian

Comments