Kilian – Princess EDP

Princess is a new release from Kilian and a part of the My Kind of Love Collection.  It is an oriental vanilla with a very familiar feel.

As I noted in my review of Boys, this collection seems to be aimed at millennials or Gen Z.  The tagline for the fragrance, “I DON'T NEED A PRINCE BY MY SIDE TO BE A PRINCESS.” speaks to a defiance and a self-assurance of what Kilian sees as a “fierce female”.  Even in the brand’s description of this fragrance as being a “gourmand with a kick”, it’s easy to see the kind of vibe the brand was going for.

So, getting back to my initial comment regarding familiarity – There’s a fairly linear wear with this fragrance on me.  It has reminiscences of Pink Sugar without being as boldly sweet.  It’s powdery sweet and initially smells exactly like a marshmallow.  It’s as if you’ve bought a bag to roast at a campfire and have just opened the bag; you get that powdery whiff that floats up into the air and into your nose.  I get a touch of ginger spiced tea but only slightly.  There’s just enough spice that you know there’s a counterbalance at work with the sweet but not enough to make this fragrance feel genuinely spicy. 

Does this fragrance ultimately read to me as a “fierce female”?  Not quite.  But it is an easy to wear fragrance that gourmand lovers will appreciate.

Princess wears on me for roughly 7 hours with soft projection.

Key Notes:
Ginger, Green Tea, Marshmallow

Photo Credit: bykilian.com

Comments