Giorgio Armani – Passione EDP

Sì Passione (“Passione”) is a 2017 flanker release from Giorgio Armani.  To be honest, I almost did not try this fragrance as I am admittedly not a fan of the original.  Still, the fact that this is a floral fruity fragrance convinced me otherwise.

Passione opens with a bright, sparkling pear that is slightly spiced by pink pepper.  I get the original version’s blackcurrent underpinnings.  It is a familiar berry, yet different.  There is an assertiveness to the opening that belies its fruity floral nomenclature. 

Abut an hour into wear, I get a rose and jasmine bouquet.  The rose is a fresh blossoming note with no jammy-ness.  The jasmine is clean and clear without feeling overdone.  The addition of heliotrope at this point in development was an inspired choice.  While I get the typical powdery hints common with the note, I get more of a comforting almond-vanilla.  The counterpoint added by the heliotrope ushers in the beginning of the drydown.  The vanillic note is reinforced and a soft cedarwood adds warmth.

Sì Passione wears on me for roughly 7 hours with moderate projection.

Notes: pear, pink pepper, blackcurrent, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla, cedarwood

YouTube ads for the fragrance:

Photo Credit: Ulta


Comments