Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle - Musc Ravageur Parfum Spray

Frederic Malle’s Musc Ravageur (“Musc”) is one of those fragrances I thought I had tried but had not.  For the life of me, I can’t explain why I missed this!  Released in 2000, it is an oriental (amber oriental) fragrance. 

On me, Musc opens with a complex, spicy, slightly sweet, dirty patchouli.  It is heady and intoxicating.  There are dripping notes of amber; rich and syrupy.  A light floral peeks out from the background as a creamy vanilla clove seems to melt effortlessly into the accord.

As Musc wears, its raw sensual aspects continue to delight.  The musk in the fragrance joins with the patchouli and creates a carnal sensory explosion.  There is an animalic fearlessness to Musc’s wear.  The drydown of Musc is warm and comforting.  Woody notes slide into Musc with a touch of darkness.  To the end, Musc continues to come to life with an irresistible beckon.

Musc Ravageur wears on me for roughly 10 hours with moderate moving to soft projection.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, lavender
Middle notes: cinnamon, cloves, amber, vanilla, musk, patchouli
Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, guaiac wood, cedar

Perfumer: Maurice Roucel


Photo Credit: Nordstrom

Comments